Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I have superpowers!

The last day before mother gets back from her little holiday in India. Dammit. I wish she'd stay there longer. Maybe for a month. Grr. Oh well it's so much easier to go out when she's not around. Pfft but the thing is she's coming back and there's nothing I can do about it eh?

So anyways, I'm left with my one last free afternoon. Brother'll be in school til six-ish as he's got band cca and dad's at work, guess he'll pick up my brother on his way back. Shaun's in camp and I can't talk to him. Viv is...well maybe still in school, not too sure. Denise? Where are you woman?
So I'm bored, alone (yes, ditched by the dog even, I *think* he's sleeping downstairs in MY room) and ready to babble a bit.

Diarrhoea of the fingers. Haha.

This has been bugging me for a while. Something I think about when I'm uber bored (read: now)
So I left the sunny little island of S'pore to go study in Melbourne. Wasn't my choice but I was cool with it. After studying there for four or so years, for reasons unexplained to me (then, and even now it's still kinda sketchy) we moved back here. Now, does this make me a loyal singaporean, since I left the country, then returned? Or am I a DIS-loyal singaporean? because to tell the truth, I was very, very pissed and bummed out that we were moving back here, I wanted to stay in Melbourne for ever and ever and ever (well I was a young kid. barely 11 years old. or should that be 'young'?)
ok that's over.
Now I shall amuse myself by typing out how I took a chicken pie out of the freezer for lunch and plonked it in the oven when it was rock-solid. The instructions said heat at 180C for 18-25 minutes. Well that seemed easy peasy, any idiot could do that. 25 minutes? More like an hour. Seriously it took eons til the dratted pie actually defrosted. After which I got annoyed with it and poked random holes over the surface of the pie, hoping the heat would penatrate the pie and thus heat it up faster. After what seemed like years and the hydrochloric acid in my stomach threatening to burn a hole through the stomach lining (yes, Nic was very hungry, and watching your lunch heat up slooooooooowly does not help at all!) the bloody pie finally browned on top and I yanked it out, put a forkful into my mouth and burnt my tongue. Yup. Very smart.

Oh and I have a super power! Yes, hence the title of this post, it wasn't just some random thought.
Last night, during training, we were doing sprinting. It was the last lap and the Evil Coach Chia made us plunge in from the starting block. Now, no matter how hard I try, I can't plunge in properly without water entering my goggles and irritating my eyes. So I took my goggles off. You know how superheros put on masks and then they use their super powers? Well my super power didn't show itself til I TOOK OFF my goggles. Super power? I swam so much faster! Cut off a whole FOUR seconds from my timing, duely shocking Nellyn in the process.
In fact, it was thanks to her that I realised my super power. Haha. If she hadn't mentioned the extraordinary feat I'd performed I would have never realised my true powers! Thanks, Nell.

Ok that was so much rubbish, and in such a short time! Ha well. Boredom *does* do that to you!

Fine now I'm sick of typing (well, for now) I shall go play my guitar with the volume turned waay up high, since there's no one home to complain and grumble.

catch you later!

No comments: